In addition to our guidelines for the adoption of adult dogs, the following rules apply to the adoption of puppies.
- Puppies are active and need plenty of room in which to play; therefore, we prefer to adopt our puppies to families who own a home with a fenced yard.
- Puppies also have small bladders and need bathroom breaks at least every 4 hours. To help reinforce the development of important house training and socialization skills, the new family must be able to arrange for someone to be available to give the pup a break at least every 4 hours or so during the day.
- We do not adopt siblings/littermate puppies together.
- Because young puppies have fragile immune systems and have not yet been fully vaccinated, they will not be able to attend our Meet and Greet events. Approved applicants may meet our puppies in their foster home by appointment.
- Our adoption fee for puppies is $350. The fee is due at the time of the adoption and is non-refundable. If your puppy requires additional veterinary care following adoption, you may qualify for a rebate of a portion of the fee.
- CSRA puppies will have received all age-appropriate veterinary care prior to being released for adoption. We follow the AAHA-AVMA Canine Preventive Healthcare Guidelines for vaccinations and require spay/neuter by 6 months of age.
We greatly appreciate those adoptive families who opt to cover the veterinary expenses for their new puppy. Your generosity will help us rescue and care for more Cocker Spaniels in need.